Farming is the backbone of every country but nowadays many youngsters hesitate to enter in this profession.
Why is this the case and what can be done to avoid it?
Farming hold a central role in food security in ensuring a reliable food supply in every country. Farmers significantly fulfills the need for food for a growing populations. However, in our generation today, most young people shy away from this profession. This paper seeks to identify factors leading to poor participation of the youth in farming and to look for a right approach to incite young minds interest in this sector.
The number of youth that engage in farming industry today is continuously declining in every country. Newly graduates from rural areas are flocking to big cities to find work, sidelining farming. This trend is so alarming because if there is no future generation of farmers to take on the job, there will be no food in the table for the people. One of the reasons seen why youth have become disenchanted with farming is because of their perception that farming is being antiquated and unprofitable. Another reason is that the present society stereotyping farmers as less educated and parents frame their children to get education as a way out of farming. As a result, when they grow-up, it will become unappealing career choice for them.
Another important concern to look into is to find better solution to reverse this trend and reignite young people’s interest of farming. Attracting them back to work in agriculture will requires strong collaboration between government and the community in promoting farming as a sunshine industry. Firstly, to make it attractive to young workers, the government must formulate incentive policies to lure them back to farming. Secondly, the community must entice young generations to take up agricultural related degrees. The declining interest of youth to do farming is so disturbing that will have to be address the identified challenges the soonest to avoid unfavorable effects.
To summarise, the reluctance of young workforce to work in the farm will have a big impact to global food supply. Both sectors should offer clear career guidance for the young individuals to sustain their interest in agriculture. Without them the situation could be very uncertain.
When it comes to IELTS Test, vocabulary is one of the most important skills a test-taker must have. In writing section, having a good grasp of English vocabulary will help you frame and convey your ideas in words using an effective and varied vocabulary.
- Shy – hesitant in committing oneself.
- Approach – a way of dealing with something.
- Incite – to stir, encourage, or urge on.
- Engage – Past tense (engaged) – to cause someone to become interested or involved in an activity
- Flock – present participle (flocking) – to move or gather together in large numbers.
- Disenchant – present participle (disenchanting) – to make disappointed or disillusioned.
- Perception – intuitive recognition
- Antiquated – old-fashioned or outdated.
- Collaboration – the action of working with someone to produce something.
- Sunshine – a source of cheer or happiness
- Formulate – to create something
- Incentive – a thing that motivates or encourages someone to do something.
- Lure – to persuade someone to do something or go somewhere by offering them something exciting.
- Entice – to attract someone to a particular place or activity by offering something pleasant or advantageous.
- Reluctance – unwillingness or disinclination to do something.
Read speaking sample questions with answers
- IELTS speaking sample questions with answers: Health
- IELTS Speaking sample questions with answers: Hometown
- IELTS Speaking Sample Questions with Answers: Sunglasses
Read more essay
- Every year large numbers of people migrate from one country to another for different reasons.
- Some say that it would be better if the majority of employees worked from home instead of traveling to a workplace every day.
- Nowadays, many families move to different countries. Some people think that children gain many benefits from this while others consider it to be hard for a child to move to a foreign country.