With deforestation, urban development and illegal hunting, many animal species are becoming endangered and some are even facing extinction.
Do you think it is important to protect animals? What can be done to deal with this problem?
Earth’s natural environment is in trouble at present due to various environmental sustainability issues derived from anthropogenic activities. While mankind keep discovering technologies to replace the lost natural habitat, animals are keep doing their natural roles to save this planet. From my point of view, humans should protect animals especially the species that are on the brink of extinction.
Animals are part of the ecosystem and they played a key roles in maintaining our Mother nature. The animals provide nutrients to plants and humans depends oxygen from plants. All these creatures extremely connected to each others, if one species is lost, the existence of others will be affected. Birds, for instance, the benefits birds bring to the people are endless as they function as pest controllers, plants pollinators, and seeds spreaders. These are just few of the many contributions of birds to our environment. Unfortunately, unsustainable hunting and illegal killing of birds contributed to the rapid declines of their populations.
For this reason, governments are pressure to formulate a clear policies in relation to wildlife crimes that drive the decline of animals in the ecosystems. One policy that are seen to control the illegal activities in the wildlife is to enact laws and regulations to protect animals from illegal hunting, poaching and over-harvesting . Another solution to this problem is to develop a wildlife awareness program with a focus on villager’s younger generations to educate them about the importance of animals in the environments. Everyone should know the importance of animals in the biodiversity to control the extinction of important species.
To summarise, every animal provide ecological benefits to the humans and the Earth. The rampant illegal hunting and uncontrolled harvesting can severely damaged the ecological chain. Therefore, animal protection and management are vital for the well-being of this planet.
When it comes to IELTS Test, vocabulary is one of the most important skills a test-taker must have. In writing section, having a good grasp of English vocabulary will help you frame and convey your ideas in words using an effective and varied vocabulary.
- Sustainability – able to be used without being completely used up or destroyed.
- Anthropogenic – caused by humans or their activities.
- Habitat – the natural environment in which an animal or plant usually lives.
- Brink – the point in time when something very bad or very good is about to happen.
- Nutrient – any substance that plants or animals need in order to live and grow.
- Pollinator – is an animal that causes plants to make fruit or seeds.
- Formulate – to come up with a plan.
- Poaching – the illegal practice of trespassing on another’s property to hunt steal game without the landowner’s permission.
- Biodiversity – It refers to all the variety of life that can be found on Earth.
- Vital – absolutely necessary; essential.
Read speaking sample questions with answers
- IELTS speaking sample questions with answers: Health
- IELTS Speaking sample questions with answers: Hometown
- IELTS Speaking Sample Questions with Answers: Sunglasses
Read more essay
- Some people think that more money should be spent to promote the use of bicycles in cities
- Some people think that they can be fit by going to gym
- Countries should produce the food that their population eat, and import as little as possible.