People spend too much on family celebrations such as birthdays and weddings.
What are the importance of these celebrations?
Do you think people really spend too much?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Family parties such as weddings and birthdays are significant events of human life. But these trends are becoming too commercial and getting more a burdened to celebrants. This paper will sheds light about the importance behind these occasions and explain why I believe that the money spent for these occasions are not guaranteed to yield good result.
In the past, lavish expenditure on birthdays and matrimonial ceremonies were preserve of the high socioeconomic class in society. But lately it become a widespread setting pattern for lower classes. Spending luxuriously on those events are a great way to flaunt a happy episode of life. For example, when famous personalities tie the knot, they tend to marry in an extravagant manner. Occasions like wedding is an important events in life as a union ceremony of a man and a woman that only happens once in a lifetime. Thus, it deserves to have such a grandeur as it is attended by relatives and friends.
However, spending excessive amounts of money in that one day event pose to have a negative ramifications. An occasion such as wedding certainly a couple’s most wonderful time of their life, but the financial consequences will be felt for years. One consequence is that the couple will face financial pressures in the future, and this is a recipe for divorce. The walk down the aisle should not mean falling into debt. Furthermore, during preparation period, there is a possibility that the cost will exceed from the initial budget and this will lead to conflict. Hence, an over-budget celebrations will only increase the financial burden of the celebrants.
To sum up, celebrating milestones and other life important events are a key to socialise and meet family members and friends. However, when all of the above consequences are taken into account, throwing opulent celebrations may not necessarily a good long-term investment.
- Matrimonial – relating to marriage.
- Luxuriously – a very comfortable and expensive way.
- Flaunt – display (something) ostentatiously, especially in order to provoke envy or admiration or to show defiance.
- Tie the knot – to get married.
- Extravagant – more expensive than is necessary or reasonable.
- Union – the action of joining together .
- Grandeur – splendour and impressiveness, especially of appearance or style.
- Ramification – a complex or unwelcome consequence of an action or event.
- Milestone – is an important event in the history or development of something or someone.
- Opulent – ostentatiously costly and luxurious.
Read more essay