Some people are reducing their walks, however, many health experts say that walking is the best exercise to maintain health.
- Why do people walk less?
- What might encourage people to walk longer distance?
- Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Walking is proven to be beneficial to everyone’s health just like other exercise. Despite being recommended by some health professionals on the health benefits of it, many individuals turn down this exercise . This essay will discuss the reason why some people reduced their walk activities and identify ways to motivate them to incorporate walking as part of every journey.
The rapid expansion of residential housing in urban areas and the crowded sidewalks force many people to use their cars for transportation. One of the reasons identified as the causes why people lessen their walk routine is the urban sprawl. Urban sprawling exposed hikers to air pollution from the ambient air that has a potential to penetrate into the lungs. Moreover, poor urban planning is another factor that discourage people to walking. Most city centers failed to incorporate the built environment and walking behavior. This has to do with sidewalk design and the amount of pedestrian movement. Hence, the presence of quality footpaths and pedestrian-friendly environment are huge factors influencing people to walk.
Motivating people back to walking in an extended-distance is a tough challenge. However, everyone should be aware of the wide ranging long-term health benefits of physical activity such as walking. The simplicity of this kind of exercise coupled with little cost, can attract many individuals to get back to hiking. But governments should do their part to give more spaces and to plant more roadside trees. Furthermore, long-range walks can also be promoted through organizing a walkathon within community. This will offer physiological and psychological health benefits to its population and can help foster friendships in the neighborhood.
In conclusion, the lack of urban planning triggered people to increased dependency of automobile for transportation even for short trip. Although, enticing them back in the sidewalks seems challenging but people need to know the health benefits out from their everyday jaunt.
When it comes to IELTS Test, vocabulary is one of the most important skills a test-taker must have. In writing section, having a good grasp of English vocabulary will help you frame and convey your ideas in words using an effective and varied vocabulary.
- Motivate – past tense (motivated) – to inspire someone to act.
- Rapid – fast rate of motion, activity, succession, or occurrence.
- Urban Sprawl – the spreading of urban developments (such as houses and shopping centers) on undeveloped land near a city.
- Ambient – existing in the surrounding area.
- Penetrate – go into or through.
- Built environment – the buildings and all other things constructed by human beings.
- Walkathon – a long-distance walk organized as a fundraising event.
- Physiological – relating to the way in which a living organism or bodily part functions.
- Psychological – relating to the human mind and feelings.
- Jaunt – a usually short journey or excursion undertaken especially for pleasure.
Read more essay
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of online studying?
- It is the responsibility of the government to protect its citizens from any natural calamity.
- Some people believe that living in big cities has become more difficult