IELTS Essay Topic: Business
Some people decide to start their own business instead of working for a company or organization.
Do the advantages for people working for their own business outweigh the disadvantages?
Becoming an entrepreneur is a common aspiration among independent individuals with a drive to succeed. However, starting up and thinking on how to finance a business is a challenge and comes with a numbers of pros and cons. This essay believes that the advantages of venturing into entrepreneurship pathway outweigh the disadvantages. In this essay, I will begin with disadvantages aspects of owning a business and followed by advantages.
Without a doubt, operating a business, as with all things in life, comes with its own pitfalls. One of the drawbacks about running your own business is that your earnings are uncertain. During the initial phases of the operation needed substantial financial resources as there is no guaranteed income due to some factors like economic downturns, fierce competitions and market demands. There might be chances that you may commit most of your savings especially in the first few years. Stress, is another disadvantages of owning a business. Running a business can be incredibly stressful, worrying about things such as bills, equipment breakdowns, customer complaints and the welfare of your employees. These are just few of the long list of pitfalls in handling your own business.
On the other hand, managing your own enterprise can be extremely rewarding. Working for your self is significantly different from employment in a corporation that someone else own. Firstly, being a self-employed , you are your own boss and ultimately control your own destiny. You do not have to do what they tell you and you have to make your own decisions. Secondly, financial and non-financial rewards, it gives you a chance to make more money and a myriad of intangible rewards namely flexibility, a sense of satisfaction, exposure and gratification can be fulfilling. Being an entrepreneur can give you something beyond financial success and the ability to drive your own lifelong dreams.
To sum up, working for yourself can be risky and involves great effort. But, the freedom of doing work you enjoy and the potential considerable financial rewards far outweigh the disadvantages. Hence, plunging into entrepreneurship is a rewarding endeavour though it is risky.
When it comes to IELTS Test, vocabulary is one of the most important skills a test-taker must have. In writing section, having a good grasp of English vocabulary will help you frame and convey your ideas in words using an effective and varied vocabulary.
Read speaking sample questions with answers
- IELTS speaking sample questions with answers: Health
- IELTS Speaking sample questions with answers: Hometown
- IELTS Speaking Sample Questions with Answers: Sunglasses
- Describe a book you have recently read
Read more essay
- It is the responsibility of the government to protect its citizens from any natural calamity
- Some people believe that rich countries should provide poorer countries with help that is not financial aid
- Some people think that they can be fit by going to gym, while others think that there are other better way to remain fit
- Ecotourism is now defined as responsible travel to natural areas that conserves the environment
- Many supermarkets are selling more and more products that are imported from other countries instead of selling food that is locally sourced