The rise of convenience foods has helped people keep up with the speed of the modern life style.
What are the advantages of this trend?
Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
Modern rhythm of life helps people save time not just on food preparation but also in acquiring the skills of cooking . This essay will argue that the advantages of this outweigh the drawbacks. The essay will first demonstrate the disadvantages of convenience foods, followed by an analysis of the primary advantage of convenience foods.
Unfortunately, not all convenience foods are healthy and most of them contains lot of sodium, sugar and fats, at the same time having very little value in terms of nutrition. In addition, convenience foods which are considered low fat or fat free represent bad alternatives to homemade food which usually undergone a rigid process. Firstly, homemade food allows us to making sure that all the ingredients are fresh and safe for consumption; Secondly, it does not contains any preservatives which are harmful for health.
However, in terms of preparation time and skills needed to prepare the food, convenience foods has greater advantages, taking preparations for instance, in most cases it is necessary only to heat it by just pressing the start button of the microwave, this is the only action to be performed. As for time, it does not take more than a couple of minutes and you can easily do this in your workplace and home at your most convenient time. Apparently, it does not necessarily needs to wash dishes and clean cookery, very convenient at all.
In conclusion, although convenience foods help people save time by speeding up the cooking process. Nevertheless, the disadvantages in terms of health related aspects clearly outweighs the advantages.
When it comes to IELTS Test, vocabulary is one of the most important skills a test-taker must have. In writing section, having a good grasp of English vocabulary will help you frame and convey your ideas in words using an effective and varied vocabulary.
- Rhythm – a strong, regular repeated pattern of movement or sound.
- Acquire – to obtain or begin to have something.
- Demonstrate – clearly show the existence or truth of (something) by giving proof or evidence.
- Nutrition – the process of providing or obtaining the food necessary for health and growth.
- Rigid – not bending or flexible; stiff and hard.
- Ingredient – are the things that are used to make something, especially all the different foods you use when you are cooking a particular dish.
- Consumption – the act or process of consuming consumption of food consumption of resources.
- Preservative – a substance used to preserve foodstuffs, wood, or other materials against decay.
- Harmful – causing or capable of causing harm.
My actual IELTS essay test: Nursery School
My actual IELTS Writing Task 1 test: Looking for job
Thank you for dropping by dear readers! If you have some essay topics in mind that you want to be published in this blog, just send me an email at email@example.com