IELTS essay question:
The rise of convenience foods has helped people keep up with the speed of the modern life style.
- What are the advantages of this trend?
- Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
Today’s modern rhythm of life helps people access food easily and conveniently. People tremendously save time when they are consuming ready-to-eat packed foods. This essay will detail the advantages of the increasing popularity of convenience foods and identify whether it is beneficial or detrimental to people. The paper will first demonstrate the benefits of this trend, followed by an analysis whether the advantages overshadow the drawbacks.
To begin with, buying instant foods has a greater advantage in terms of preparation time and skills needed to prepare the food. Busy people has no time to prepare healthy meals and ready made foods always the convenient options. This trend have become widely popular as people nowadays want convenience. For example, packed meals in most cases need only to be heated in a microwave. By simply pressing the start button the food will become fresh and ready to eat. In addition, it will only take more than a couple of minutes to cook the food and you can easily do this in your workplace and home. Apparently, it does not necessarily needs to wash dishes and clean cookery, very convenient at all.
Unfortunately, processed foods are unhealthy and most of them contains lot of sodium, sugar and saturated fats. Compared to homemade food, convenience foods usually did not undergone a rigid process. For instance, food from home use ingredients that are fresh and safe for consumption because it does not contains any preservatives which is harmful to the body. Moreover, ready made meals is having very little value in terms of nutrition that if consumed everyday can harm to someone’s health.
In conclusion, people are swing to consuming instant meals because it brings more convenience. The recent trend helps them save time by not doing the cooking process. However, eating continuously of unhealthy foods can contribute to future serious health problems. In my point of view, the disadvantages in terms of health related aspects clearly outweighs the advantages.
Read speaking sample questions with answers
- IELTS speaking sample questions with answers: Health
- IELTS Speaking sample questions with answers: Hometown
- IELTS Speaking Sample Questions with Answers: Sunglasses
Read more essay
- Some say that it would be better if the majority of employees worked from home instead of traveling to a workplace every day.
- Some people believe that money is more important than free time for a good quality of life.
- Every year large numbers of people migrate from one country to another for different reasons.