IELTS Writing Task 2
Some people think that planning for the future is a waste of time. They believe it is more important to focus on the present. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Many people nowadays are more focused on experiencing hedonistic lifestyle than worrying about the future. Some of them believe that fearing for the future will rob them from enjoying the lives today. This paper absolutely disagree as I believed that taking actions that will benefit the future is not a wasted effort rather it gives peace of mind.
To begin with, choosing to plan for the time ahead is an anticipation for the unexpected scenarios of life. Being ready to face the unpredictable frontward events is the best thing an individual can do to avoid crisis later in life. For example, during COVID-19 pandemic, many were caught unprepared when it was first struck which turned millions of people suffered from hunger and severe illness. The Covid-19 was foreseeable and utterly predictable but the world failed to plan on how to fight off rare infection. Another important aspects in planning for the future is during retirement. Retired individuals today need substantial amount of money to live comfortably for the entire lifespan. Hence, it is incredibly important to plan for the future at the early stage of life.
Although, planning for years ahead is of significant important for everyone but there is also a tendency that it might defer individual’s present enjoyment. By constantly worrying about a potential future outcomes, it robs someone of the present moment to enjoy life. The ambiguity of prospective future life could affect someone’s current actions. However, planning for the future can help someone draw the line towards a relaxing life. Being able to plan will give people directions and views of the future. Therefore, planning is essential in helping people connect their goals to become more achievable with minimal undesirable results.
In conclusion, I believe that taking the time to plan for the time ahead is necessary steps toward goals realization. The time and effort spent in drafting a meaningful life onwards will help individual increase their chances of having a successful and peaceful life.
Read speaking sample questions with answers
- IELTS speaking sample questions with answers: Health
- IELTS Speaking Sample Questions with Answers: Sunglasses
- Describe a book you have recently read
- Describe your idea of starting a new business in your area
Read more essay
- Many people believe that we should focus on producing more genetically modified (GM) foods
- Nowadays many people prefer to buy famous brands of clothes, cars and other items
- The global demand for oil and gas is increasing
- Ecotourism is now defined as responsible travel to natural areas that conserves the environment
- Social media marketing can influence what consumers buy